PMI Center for Biblical Studies
POB 177 - Battle Creek, MI 49016-0177 - (269) 282-9381 - Email
"The promise of life which is in Christ Jesus" (2 Tim. 1:1)
Doctrinal Statement of Faith - Fundamentalist
The PMI Center for Biblical Studies stands without apology as an Independent
Fundamentalist King James Bible teaching school offering College and Seminary
level courses in the Baptist tradition thru distance education since 1981. If
you are familiar with the Old Scofield Reference Bible, you know where we stand
on most doctrinal issues.
· The Bible- both Old and New Testaments- is the inerrant, infallible, inspired Word of God (Deut. 8:3; 2 Tim. 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21)
· The King James Bible- is the purified and preserved Word of God for English speaking people (Psa. 12:6).
· Creation- God created the world, animals and man in 6 literal 24-hour days (Gen. 1-2; Ex. 20:11).
· Dispensationalism- The Scriptures are to be dispensationally interpreted and rightly divided between prophecy for Israel, and mystery for the church (Rom. 16:25; Eph. 3:3-9; 2 Tim. 2:15).
· The Trinity- One God is revealed in three persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Gen. 1:1-3, 26; Matt. 3:16-17; 28:19; 1 Cor. 8:6; 2 Cor. 13:14).
· Jesus Christ- is the Son of God and God the Son; the perfect representation of the Father in human form (John 1:1; 1 John 5:20; Phil. 2:6-8; Col. 1:14-19).
· The Holy Spirit- is active in the world today, as well as in the life of the believer, gifting and equipping the saints for their ministries (John 14:16; Acts 1:8; Eph. 5:18). Believers can sin against the Holy Spirit by grieving Him (sins of commission- Eph. 4:30) and quenching Him (sins of omission- 1 Thess. 5:19).
· The Church- all born-again believers in Christ (Matt. 16:18) forming the Body of Christ (Rom. 12:5; 1 Cor. 12:12-13, 27; Eph. 4:12)
· Israel and the church- are not the same. The former exists from prophecy, the latter from mystery. God’s overarching program for dealing with Israel and the church is as distinct as earth [Israel’s kingdom] and Heaven [church’s inheritance] (Romans 9-11; 1 Cor. 10:32; Eph. 2:12-22).
· Imputed sin- every person- except the Lord Jesus Christ- is born a sinner under the bondage and judgment of death (Romans 3:10; Romans 3:23; Romans 5:12; Heb. 2:15).
· Heaven and Hell- everyone will live forever in one of two places: in blessing with God and the redeemed, or temporarily in hell later to be cast into the Lake of Fire with the damned (John 14:2; Luke 16:19-31; 2 Cor. 5:1-10; Rev. 20:11-15).
· Salvation- is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ who shed His blood and died for sin (John 3:16; Romans 6:23; Romans 8:33-34; Romans 5:8-9; I Tim. 2:5; Titus 3:5) and imputes His righteousness to all believers (Rom. 3:24-26; 4:6). There is no other way to the Father but by Him (John 14:6).
· Baptism- believers in Christ identify with Him in death, burial and resurrection through baptism by immersion (Acts 8:12; Rom. 6:3; Gal. 3:27).
· Eternal security- All those who have repented and placed their faith in Christ for salvation are seated in the heavenlies (Eph. 2:6) and are eternally secure (John 3:16; 6:26-51; 10:28-29; Romans 8:1).
· A Changed Life- is the fruit of salvation rather than the formula for salvation (Galatians 5:22-23).
· Marriage- We believe without exception that God ordained marriage between a naturally born man and a naturally born women (Gen. 2:21-24; Matt. 19:4-6).
· Miracles- we believe the days of miracle workers- not the miracle working God- ended at the completion of the Canon of Scripture (Mark 16:20; Acts 2:43; 4:29-31; 14:3; 1 Cor. 13:8-10; Heb. 2:4).
· Rapture- Christ will return before the Tribulation [time of Jacob’s trouble- Jer. 30:7] to take His church to Heaven (John 14:2-3; I Cor. 15:51-53; Col. 3:4; I Thess. 4:13-18; I Thess. 5:1-5).
· Revelation- Jesus Christ will return at the end of the tribulation with His church to set up the promised (2 Sam. 7:16) 1000 year [Millennial] kingdom in Jerusalem (Isa. 65:17-25; Matt. 24:30; Rev. 20:1-6). All of God's remaining promises and prophesies for Israel will be fulfilled during that future kingdom age (Ezek. 36; Isa. 2:1-4; Isa. 11; Isa. 55:12-13).
· Judgment- the saved will face Christ at the Judgment Seat for rewards not condemnation (Rom. 14:10; 1 Cor. 3:11-15; 2 Cor. 5:10); the unsaved will be judged and receive eternal punishment at the Great White Throne Judgment (Rev. 20:11-15).
(c) 2004-2018 PMI • POB 177 • Battle Creek, MI 49016-0177