1. Everyone is a sinner. You, me, everyone who ever lived.
2. The Bible says that the penalty for our sin is death and eternal separation from God.
3. You must must be perfect, just as righteous as God to get into Heaven.
4. No one can do anything on his own to obtain this necessary perfection. You cannot work to pay off your sin debt.
5. God loves us so much that He provided Someone to pay the debt that we owed, so we wouldn't have to. Jesus, God in the flesh, God the Son, lived a perfect life. He never sinned and because He had no sin to pay for, He didn't have to die. But He chose to die in our place.
6. All you have to do, all you can do, is believe that Jesus died in your place and paid for all your sins through His death, burial, and resurrection. You can believe that He died for the whole world, but you must believe that He did it for you, that He is your Saviour.
7. At the very instant that you trust Christ as YOUR PERSONAL SAVIOUR, He gives you eternal life as a free gift. Because it's eternal, it lasts forever. You have it as a present possession and you can never lose it. The Bible says in 1 John 5:13 that if you believe this, then you can know that you have eternal life.
If all of that made sense and you're now trusting in Christ as your only hope of Heaven, won't you let me know so that I can rejoice with you?
Write me at email@example.com I have some things especially designed to help new believers to grow in their faith.