PMI Center for Biblical Studies
PO Box 507 - Arab, AL 35016 - (256) 677-9089 - email@example.com
"The promise of life which is in Christ Jesus" (2 Tim. 1:1)
Right Division Bible and Ministry Training
for prisoners through Distance Education since 1981
The PMI Center for Biblical Studies stands without apology as an Independent Fundamentalist King James Bible teaching school offering College and Seminary level courses in the Baptist tradition thru distance education since 1981.
· The Bible- both Old and New Testaments- is the inerrant, infallible, inspired Word of God (Deut. 8:3; 2 Tim. 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21). The King James Bible- is the purified and preserved Word of God for English speaking people (Psa. 12:6).
· Creation- God created the world, animals and man in 6 literal 24-hour days (Gen. 1-2; Ex. 20:11).
· Dispensationalism- The Bible is to be dispensationally interpreted and rightly divided (Rom. 16:25; Eph. 3:3-9; 2 Tim. 2:15).
· The Trinity- One God is revealed in three persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Gen. 1:1-3, 26; Matt. 3:16-17; 28:19; 1 Cor. 8:6; 2 Cor. 13:14).
· Jesus Christ- is the Son of God and God the Son; the perfect representation of the Father in human form (John 1:1; 1 John 5:20; Phil. 2:6-8; Col. 1:14-19).
· The Holy Spirit- is active in the world today, as well as in the life of the believer, gifting and equipping the saints for their ministries (John 14:16; Acts 1:8; Eph. 5:18). Believers can sin against the Holy Spirit by grieving Him (sins of commission- Eph. 4:30) and quenching Him (sins of omission- 1 Thess. 5:19).
· The Church- all born-again believers in Christ (Matt. 16:18) forming the Body of Christ (Rom. 12:5; 1 Cor. 12:12-13, 27; Eph. 4:12). Israel and the church are not the same; the church has not replaced Israel (Romans 9-11; 1 Cor. 10:32; Eph. 2:12-22).
· Imputed sin- every person- except the Lord Jesus Christ- is born a sinner under the bondage and judgment of death (Romans 3:10; Romans 3:23; Romans 5:12; Heb. 2:15).
· Heaven and Hell- everyone will live forever in one of two places: in blessing with God and the redeemed, or temporarily in hell later to be cast into the Lake of Fire with the damned (John 14:2; Luke 16:19-31; 2 Cor. 5:1-10; Rev. 20:11-15).
· Salvation- is by grace through faith in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4), who shed His blood and died for sin (John 3:16; Romans 6:23; Romans 8:33-34; Romans 5:8-9; I Tim. 2:5; Titus 3:5) and imputes His righteousness to all believers (Rom. 3:24-26; 4:6). There is no other way to the Father but by Him (John 14:6). All those who have placed their faith in Christ for salvation are seated in the heavenlies (Eph. 2:6) and are eternally secure (John 3:16; 6:26-51; 10:28-29; Romans 8:1). The believer can know that he has eternal life as a present possession (1 John 5:13).
· Baptism- believers in Christ identify with Him in death, burial and resurrection through baptism by immersion (Acts 8:12; Rom. 6:3; Gal. 3:27).
· The Christian Life – While a Christian cannot lose his salvation, he can, through sin, lose fellowship and incur the Father’s chastisement. God guarantees rewards and fruit to the obedient son; and chastening and loss of rewards to the disobedient son; God does not permit His children to live as they please without discipline and guidance (1 Corinthians 3:11-17; 5:1-5; 11:30-32; Hebrews 12:5-11).
· The Two Natures of the Believer - The child of God has two births: one of the flesh and the other of the Spirit. The flesh nature is neither good nor righteous. The Spiritual nature does not commit sin. This results in warfare between the Spirit and the flesh, which continues until death or the return of the Lord. The new birth cannot change the flesh nature of man, but the flesh nature can be controlled and kept subdued by the new man. Claims to the eradication of the old nature in this life are unscriptural (John 3:3-7; Romans 8:8; 7:15-25; Galatians 5:17; 1 John 3:9; 5:18; 1 Peter 1:23).
· Marriage- God ordained marriage between a naturally born man and a naturally born woman (Gen. 2:21-24; Matt. 19:4-6).
· Miracles- The days of miracle workers- not the miracle working God- ended at the completion of the Canon of Scripture (Mark 16:20; Acts 2:43; 4:29-31; 14:3; 1 Cor. 13:8-10; Heb. 2:4).
· Christ’s Return - Christ will return before the Tribulation [time of Jacob’s trouble- Jer. 30:7] to take His church to Heaven during The Rapture (John 14:2-3; I Cor. 15:51-53; Col. 3:4; I Thess. 4:13-18; I Thess. 5:1-5). Jesus will return at the end of the Tribulation with His church to set up the promised (2 Sam. 7:16) 1000 year [Millennial] kingdom in Jerusalem (Isa. 65:17-25; Matt. 24:30; Rev. 20:1-6). All of God's remaining promises and prophesies for Israel will be fulfilled during that future kingdom age (Ezek. 36; Isa. 2:1-4; Isa. 11; Isa. 55:12-13).
· Judgment- the saved will face Christ at the Judgment Seat for rewards not condemnation (Rom. 14:10; 1 Cor. 3:11-15; 2 Cor. 5:10); the unsaved will be judged and receive eternal punishment at the Great White Throne Judgment (Rev. 20:11-15).